SLJ : Bug of the year Kick start

Kia ora bloggers,
I have done another SLJ task, this task is called bug of the year. Bug of the year is a pretty interesting name right? What do you think this task is about? Well if you guessed bugs… then you’re right! For this task we had to check out the instructions then make a  copy of a google drawing and start creating an amazing bug.. But wait hold one moment. On the side of the google drawing there are some steps and some shapes to help us get started with our bug. But we still have to start from scratch.

Creating a bug from scratch is honestly not as easy as it sounds. You have to put the thought into the name, how it’s gonna look, the colours and so so much more! I used so many different shapes like a hexagon, circle and more. I also used images but almost all of them are shapes and lines. It was tricky to make it look the best I could. But it was worth it.  I love how it turned out and I hope you feel the same too.
Now here is what my bug turned out like. I mixed a bunch of different animals ahah.

I hope you like it! In case you’re wondering I kind of got inspiration from a caterpillar and a turtle but added different details. I also came up with the name from it’s hunched back, I used the word hunched and then there was the word smile because this bug has such a big smile so I took away the SM and BOOM!. Above there is how to say the name.

REFLECTION : It looks so good in my opinion , I love how it turned out and I love the big smile.  I also love just love how it looks overall. I decided to put a little point to say what these parts are and for. If you have any feedback or recommendations let me know in the comments!
Have you ever created bugs before? If you haven’t given it a try then give it a try, It is so much fun to do .

Have an amazing summer,
And thank you so much for checking out this blog post and learning with me.
Byee!!! :))

2 thoughts on “SLJ : Bug of the year Kick start

1. Kia ora Jolin,

What an incredible bug you have created. Imagine if it was real and you saw it in real life. Would you be scared? Your bug kind of reminds me of a caterpillar/ lizard in a turtle shell. I like it. I do have a few questions regarding your bug. What kind of diet does it have and what’s its preferred habitat?

I like the creativity of the name you created, I especially like how you have included the pronunciation underneath your creature. It really helped me. The labels on the insect are helpful as well. Gives me an insight into the purposeful design decisions you made. I do wonder why the bug has a smile so big, do you think it’s to make people not scared of it? Or is there another reason? Maybe it’s a secret power to help protect itself or something?

In answer to your question, I haven’t made my own bug before but if I did I would mix a butterfly with a bee. All the benefits of a bee like pollinating our fruits and vegetables but with the beauty of a butterfly. It also means hopefully people won’t be scared of the bee.

Tino pai to mahi Jolin, keep up all the hard work. I’m loving seeing all your cool posts.
    Anna
    SLJ

1. Hi Anna!
      Thank you for your comment, If it was real and I saw it in real life I would be scared… But then again I wouldn’t be too scared because the smile would make me laugh so hard. But I 100% wouldn’t hold it or anything. The diet it has is leaves, and any small green things.The prefered habitat is in sunny weathers on the leaves and in the trees. I am glad you liked the name. My bug has a smile so big it is to help with food digestion. It can eat large leaves with a big mouth and the smile just shows how happy they are to be in the sun. They can lose their smile if they come across a rotten person or a rotten leaf!! Anyways, A butterfly and a bee sounds so cool, You should definitely try making one. Thank you for your comment.
      Have an amazing day
      Jolin