SLJ : Colour block landscape Kickstart

Hi bloggers!
I have currently done another SLJ activity, What is this activity you may ask? Well it’s called Colour block landscape. Just by the title I could tell it’s going to be a little bit artsy, When you first saw this title what thought grew in your mind of what this task is about? Let me know in the comments, Colour block landscape is a task all about making a google drawing and learning about how to make a picture. We have to learn about a lot of things before this. In this task we can use shapes and lines to make the Colour block landscape picture. This picture can be at any time, with any setting.

The setting I chose for my picture is at night in the mountains. I thought this turned out pretty cool. I think I like how it turned out. The moon shines over everything so each mountain as you go down gets darker and darker and eventually it gets pitch black. Do you know what the word for that is? If you do let me know or take a guess!!

I think this looks pretty cool, I am definitely going to go for the step it up challenge after this.  This task can require a lot of patience but it’s worth it in my opinion. Anyways here is how it turned out,
I hope you like it .

I think it’s quite nice. But I bet my next picture for the step it up one is going to be even better ( I took a sneak peek at the step it up activity ) .
Here is my reflection…

REFLECTION – I like how it turned out although some parts are uneven but it is okay. This was my first time ever doing this so I found it quite hard. But I enjoyed every second of making it. I look forward to doing the next task, because it sounds very fun! I hope I can improve on this . If you have any suggestions let me know :))!
I have a question for you readers  , Is art a subject you like or no? If you don’t like it or you like it feel free to let me know your reasons on why you dislike it or why you like it.

Have an amazing day bloggers,
Make sure to stay tuned for my step it up  challenge
Byee!

4 thoughts on “SLJ : Colour block landscape Kickstart

1. Kia ora Jolin,

It’s Charlotte here, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. Well done giving the ‘Colourblock Landacape’ activity a go! How did you find this activity? I thought it was lots of fun!

Wow! Your colourblock landscape is different to all the other ones I have seen. I like how you have chosen a winter landscape rather than a beach landscape. Do you enjoy the winter season? I enjoy the winter because I love to go skiing!

In answer to your question, I have always really liked art! I enjoyed it as a subject when I was at school and I also enjoy teaching it in my class. The reason I like art is because it allows people to express their creativity. What do you think about art?

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Charlotte,
      I found this activity so fun, I love the winter even though I am a summer baby! It just makes me happier being in the cold than the burning hot sun. Art truly is a fun subject, I think of art as a subject where you can put your own ideas and have fun with it. Although I am not the best artist it does help me feel a bit better. Glad you like teaching it in your class, I love learning about it in class.
      Thank you so much for checking out this blog post
      Have an amazing summer
      Jolin

1. Kia ora Jolin,

I agree with your opinion on the weather! I also agree with your opinion about art. It is a fun subject!
        What has been your favourite art activity that you have ever done?

Ngā Mihi Nui
        Charlotte Visser
        Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Charlotte,
          Art is a fun subject, but frustrating sometimes for me. My favourite art activity I have ever done is making the sunset with my homeroom in school. We did it on paper, First we painted the background then made a sun and made some waves. It turned out awesome!
          Have an amazing summer,
          Thank you for all your work put into SLJ and thanks to the SLJ team for making this year awesome. I had an amazing adventure.
          – Jolin