SLJ : Snakes and Ladders Step it up

Hi bloggers!
I have done another task, This task for SLJ is called Snakes and ladders. What the task is about is to make a copy of the game snakes and ladders ( Made on slideshows ) then to find people to play with and play the game! This activity is just like the  kick start activity but instead of doing addition or subtraction… We are doing multiplication and division! I am so excited for this cause I have memorised them from 1-12 so yeah!
But there is a twist, for this activity we have to make our own game of snakes and ladders! There is a template for us to use and we just make up equations either multiplication or division .

Just in case you are wondering…
” What are Snakes and ladders??” ,  Well snakes and ladders is a fun game to play with either 2-4 players. How to play this exactly? Well you roll a dice and whichever player gets the highest number on the dice roll gets to go first. The first person to get to the end wins, There are Snakes and Ladders in this game as well to help. If you land at the bottom of the snake’s tail you can slide up it and now you are at a higher point which helps you to win, Same for the ladders. This game is usually played as a board game but can be played online like this task!

Anyways, here is what my game looks like and I made a game of my own, Have a try at playing it and answering the questions.
Time for reflection
REFLECTION – I think this was fun, this time I played with my Mum and Sister. This task is fun to do, I really enjoyed doing this. Also I liked making my own game, Have a shot at playing it! I am glad I got my family members to play instead of just my sister haha, Do you have this board game? If you do, do you enjoy playing it?
Anyways…
Thank you so much for checking out this blog post,
Have an amazing day!
Byeee

2 thoughts on “SLJ : Snakes and Ladders Step it up

1. Kia ora Jolin,

Another great post! My favourite thing about your descriptions is how emotive you are. They are exciting to read, not to mention informative. Thank you for including instructions on how to play Snakes and Ladders. I have played Snakes and Ladders but lots of people probably haven’t so it’s helpful that you’ve included them.

I have learnt some cool things reading people’s blogs and one thing a student told me in their description was that Snakes and Ladders was made in India. It was a game designed to teach children virtues of life. For example, the ladders indicate success, snakes indicate setbacks and struggles but ultimately if you keep rolling the dice, you will eventually get to the final destination. I personally thought it was an awesome message.

I’m so glad you got your mum and sister to play. You weren’t far behind your mum. I think you need a rematch so you can try and win next time.

In answer to your question, I do have Snakes and Ladders and I love playing it. What I like most about it is that people of all ages can get involved.

What is your favourite game?

Anna
    SLJ

1. Kia ora Anna,
      Hope you have been doing good, I appreciate your comment. Glad I am able to showcase informative,intriguing, and exciting to read. Wow I did not know that snakes and ladders were made in India. That message is honestly quite inspiring. I have learnt quite a lot from this comment, I am so glad they played with me. But I would love a rematch, it would be so fun. You don’t have to be a certain age which means everyone can have fun when playing the game. Glad you have Snakes and Ladders, it is truly very fun to play. My favourite game is Jenga, I love playing it with my mum. It is a very mind strategy game in my opinion, we always have a great laugh when it falls.
      Hope you have an amazing day
      -Jolin