SLJ : Step it up Summer Styles

Hi Bloggers!
Wow, Today has felt like a SLJ marathon but these tasks are so mesmerizing and fun to do . Like after finishing one I want to do another one. These have been so cool so far.

Wait.. are you wondering what is SLJ? Well.. The summer learning journey is a fun adventure you can explore through, You can do new activities each day because there is 1 activity launched each day! Crazy how much work the SLJ team puts into these activities! There are so many I can’t keep up, But with these incredibly fun activities there comes a reward, How to get the rewards? By getting points! How to get points? By being a cool edublogger! ( Blogging the SLJ activities ) . They can earn you points as well as comments. Sounds amazing right?

Well now time to talk to you about the Summer style activity. If you have seen my previous post then you would know I have done the Kickstarter activity for Summer styles. If not you should 100% check that out after this blog post, the activity was so fun and cool, I am sure you would love it.  Who wouldn’t? Wait.. are you wondering about what kick start is and what is step it up? Well basically Kickstarter is like part 1 and stepping it up is part 2! Awesome right? You can do more FUN

Anyways!
The steps we have to do so we can do the Summer style activity is to watch the videos ( Obviously ) !  Then make a copy of the Google drawing linked to the slide. Then start to colour it in! This colouring was fun and felt relaxing to do. I chose some gradient colours which looked amazing!
Anyways here is my artwork

I made it like Land / Dirt , Lake , Rocks, Ocean , Sand and hills!

I tried my best to make it look nice. This was relaxing to do, it felt like mindful colouring but on the Chromebook..

Reflection : I think I did well on this, I liked how I coloured it , This was fun to do and I quite enjoyed this task. This task was easy to do though. Have you done this task yet? If you have I would love to see it ( You could leave a comment with a link 🙂 ).
Thanks for checking out this blog post!
See you in my next one

Bye bloggers!

6 thoughts on “SLJ : Step it up Summer Styles

1. Kia ora Jolin,
    Wow, what a great idea to use the gradient colour tool to give your picture depth. The different tones you have used in the sand and stones are effective. I would like to go and visit your beach.

It is wonderful you found it relaxing, especially after working so hard throughout the year. I also like how you added the sun. I hope our summer is sunny this year. I look forward to seeing what you blog about over the next few weeks. All the best with your journey.

Kia pai tō rā,
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko Facilitator

1. Kia Ora Tanya!
      Thank you so much for the comment I really appreciate you checking out my blog post. I did find this task relaxing to do, the year has been so busy with work and so much more. I am glad you liked how I used the gradient tool. I hope that the summer is sunny as well this year , I would love for it to be sunny. Again thank you so much for commenting .
      I hope you have an amazing summer.

Have a lovely day
      -Jolin

2. Kia ora Jolin,

It’s Charlotte here, a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey. Well done on your Summer Styles colouring. I can see you have put quite a lot of time and effort into completing it!

The beach you have designed looks like paradise right now! There has been a lot of rain in New Zealand this Summer so fingers crossed the weather starts to look as sunny as it does in your drawing!

As Tanya has said, your use of the gradient tool is very effective. It brings a lot of depth to the pictures. I can really imagine the beach in my head!

I am glad you are enjoying the Summer Learning Journey tasks. What has been your favourite activity so far? I am looking forward to checking out more of your posts in the future.

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia Ora Charlotte!
      Thank you for checking out this blog post, it means a lot to me. Yes 100% fingers crossed it will be sunny in New Zealand for summer , But lately where I live it has been quite sunny and hot. About 26 Celsius! Thrilled about the sunny days. I am glad you can see the beach picture, The gradient tool is truly an amazing feature. I am LOVING the Summer learning journey so far, I just wish I had more time to do it.
      Hope you have an amazing day and summer!
      -Jolin

1. Kia ora Jolin,

I think the weather has been a lot better during the second half of the summer holidays which is great! What activities do you enjoy doing on a sunny day?

Ngā Mihi Nui
        Charlotte Visser
        Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Charlotte,
          Yes the weather has been getting so much better. Where I live it has been quite hot. Today is kind of breezy but warm. Activities I enjoy doing on a sunny day are going on a walk with my dog,or maybe staying inside…!
          Thank you for your reply
          -Jolin