SLJ : Kickstart Summer Styles : Summer Learning journey

Hi Bloggers!
In today’s blog post I have done another summer learning journey activity, in case you’re wondering, Summer learning journey is an adventure to do in the summer holiday. But the “Fun” part is the rewards, like a Chromebook, Headphones, Headset , Key board , Electric toy car and so much more! This helps kids to still be motivated to learn during the holidays, What motivates them? The prizes / rewards!  There are many tasks and activities to do. 1 task is launched each day . you can earn prizes by points. Sounds cool right? Well it is super cool!

Anyways here is the activity I have worked on. The activity is called Summer styles, This activity is about making contrast with lines or  warm and cool colours. We watched some videos on how to do it then we could choose between doing line contrast or colour contrast, I decided to do. This was a interesting task to do because for this task we could do it by hand on paper or on our Chromebooks. I decided to do the task on my Chromebook, I opened up a Google drawing and I used the line tools and shapes to make this contrast. I hope you enjoy it.

I am so proud of how this turned out, it took me so long to make and I started from scratch. I hope you enjoyed it! I loved making this.
Have you ever done this on Google drawings before? If you have done this before , you can comment a link to it, I would love to check it out!
REFLECTION : I think I did so so well, I am so proud of how it turned out, I loved doing this but next time I would do the coloured one because I think that would be a bit more challenging. Loved this task!
Thanks for making this task SLJ!
See you in my next post!
Byee

4 thoughts on “SLJ : Kickstart Summer Styles : Summer Learning journey

1. Kia ora Jolin,

It is Charlotte again, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. Wow, what a great job you have done on your ‘Summer Styles’ activity!

You have expressed a lot of creativity in this post. It reminds me quite a lot of zentangle art, have you heard of zentangle art before? It was invented as a form of relaxation (it is similar to drawing repetitive patterns). What was your favourite part about completing this activity?

Again, I think it is awesome that you have included a reflection at the end of your post. I also want to commend you on including a question at the end as well. Asking your readers a question in your post encourages others to comment and reply, great job!

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

1. Hi Charlotte!
      Thank you for checking out my blog post, it means a lot. Yes I have heard of zentangles before, I quite enjoy doing them, we learnt about them at school for art! My favourite part about this activity is 100% making like lines and shapes and making it a cool design. Completing this activity felt great because I felt like I did quite well, I am quite proud of myself! Thank you for the tip, I will use start to use questions at the end of my reflection in the future ! :))
      Have an amazing day!
      -Jolin

1. Kia ora Jolin,

I quite enjoy doing zentangles as well. Another form of art that I find relaxing is colouring in, do you fin art relaxing?

Awesome! I am looking forward to seeing questions in your blog posts – I will keep an eye out!

Ngā Mihi Nui
        Charlotte Visser
        Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Charlotte,
          Again I apologise for being so late in reply. I find art relaxing as well! But I am not very good at it so it can get frustrating at times . Thank you for your work and effort. Have an amazing summer
          – Jolin