SLJ : Where’s Wally? Summer Learning Journey

Hi Bloggers!
Sorry I have not been publishing / blogging much. I have done a summer learning journey task! The task is Where is Wally? Well… Where is Jolin is what I am calling it ! In case your wondering what is Summer learning journey?
Well basically…
The Summer learning journey is a fun adventure allowing students in the cluster to be able to do activities in the summer. This is such a cool journey because you learn so much new stuff, If it weren’t for the summer learning journey . But with all this fun there comes a PRIZE!!

There are prizes for people who get a lot of points, Points are from blogging, and doing activities, Prizes such as Chromebooks, headphones, electric stuff… , electric robot cars and so much more! And you also can get a certificate for participating. This is such a fun journey to do and it keeps me busy for hours, Also you learn so much.

Now that you know about this awesome event…
Let’s talk about this task.
The task is to make a Where is Wally but for YOUR avatar aka you! If you don’t know what  Where is Wally is ? Well it is basically like a bunch of avatars and like things in 1 picture and you have to spot the character. This task is quite fun to do , But it takes very very long if you put detail into it ( Unless you have really fast hands ) . I tried my best doing the task, We were given 3 examples at the start of Mrs Taylor, We had to try and spot her character! Then we would try making 4 of those but to make them differently obviously. I did try to make it less obvious, Let me know in the comments if you found me.

Now here is my Where is Jolin!
Reflection  : This was fun to do, I enjoyed doing this and I think I did well but I was wondering a lot of questions when doing this, I loved this task thank you SLJ for making this task!
Thanks for checking out my blog!
See you in my next one

Byee!!

8 thoughts on “SLJ : Where’s Wally? Summer Learning Journey

1. Bula vinaka Jolin,

My name is Anna and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey. It is so awesome to see you getting involved in the SLJ. You are right, you can win some pretty awesome prizes. Did you know extra amazing blog posts get extra points? Lots of people don’t know that. One of the things we always look at to determine if a blog is outstanding and deserving of extra points is the description so keep up those awesome descriptions. Other things you can put in your description is your favourite part of the activity, anything you found challenging or if you had any questions. Questions are a great way for readers to engage with you in the comments.

I did find you in your Where’s Jolin game but I must admit it was hard. There was another avatar similar to yours wearing the same colour and same hat but not a dress. I kept getting confused. Did you do that on purpose to trick us? Either way, it worked. You made me have to focus really hard. I’m glad I found you though.

I see you found Mrs Taylor in the first slide but you forgot to find her in the other two. Did you have problems finding her?

Keep up the fabulous blogging Jolin,
    Anna

1. Hi Anna!
      Thank you for checking out my blog post! No I did not know that good blog posts get extra points! Thank you for telling me , For the last 2 slides I was seeing if my sibling could find her, Thank you for telling me I will go put the circle on Mrs Taylor now! 🙂 .

1. Kia ora Jolin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my comment.

Did your sibling find Mrs Taylor in the end?

I have been enjoying seeing your excellent blog posts Jolin. You have come so far in this Summer Learning Journey. What has been your favourite activity?

Anna
        SLJ

1. Kia ora Anna,
          I want to say thank you so much for your effort and the SLJ teams effort into making this happen. I have enjoyed this journey so much. She found Mrs taylor in the end after a while. My favourite activity is the colour block landscape and I really liked the Viola the bird because music is something I love, I do something similar to Cello but it’s violin.
          Unfortunately I wasn’t able to post it.
          Thank you for your work
          – Jolin

2. Kia Ora Jolin,
    I am Whaea Tanya one of the Manaiakalani Facilitators you might see commenting on the SLJ Blogs, I am finding it fun to see the different ways the task are carried out.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the wonderful Summer Learning Journey, you did a really great job selling it.
    Where’s Wally does look like a fun task, some people are really creative. I like the way you added yourself to the last slide, I believe I found you hiding ( I won’t say where), initially, I thought you were aspiring to be a spire.
    I am glad you found Mrs Taylor, I found her tricky to spot on slide two. Ka pai te rawe.

Ngā Mihi
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko Facilitator

1. Hi Tanya!
      Thank you for checking out my blog post, I am glad you enjoyed my task, It’s great that you found me! Hope you liked playing this and I really appreciate your comment. And you are right! Where’s Wally is a really cool task because lots of people can get creative and add loads of characters to make it tricky. Thank you for checking out my blog post
      Have a great day!
      – Jolin

3. Kia Ora Jolin,
    My Name is Hasna from Panmure Bridge School, Your blog post was excellent to read, It had me thinking Where was Mrs Taylor? And how long did it to find Mrs Taylor. For your blog post you could say: Your favourite slide or maybe your favourite part of the activity? I did find you in your Where’s Jolin, but I must say it was very difficult.

1. Kia Ora Hasna,
      Thank you for checking out this blog post. I am glad you were able to find me! Thank you for the recommendation I will for sure use this tip in the future! To answer your question , it depended on which slide , it took me long on the second one. I would say around 2-3 minutes slide 1 and 3, but on 2 maybe around 4? ( Roughly )
      Hope you have enjoyed the summer learning journey so far!
      Have a great day
      -Jolin