SLJ : Groove Pizza Summer Learning Journey

Hi Bloggers!
I am going on a SLJ hunt, I have missed out on so so so so SO MANY tasks from being off my Chromebook, the amount is crazy honestly. I am on my 3rd task right now which I am about to share with you. In case this is your first SLJ post you have seen and you’re wondering… ” What is this Summer learning journey you keep going on about.. ” .

Well what is SLJ is below this text
What is SLJ?
Now time for our task!
Wait did you see the joke? Like I said what is SLJ is going to be below the text? If you didn’t get it that’s okay… Anyways , Now time to say what actually is SLJ
SLJ is a fun journey that you can do during the summer holidays, The purpose of the Summer learning journey is to allow us to learn during the summer holidays as well as have fun! This is such an awesome journey because there is a new activity each day which is so so so so much fun to do and I have learnt so much. But with this summer learning you earn points from comments and SLJ posts. These points can earn you rewards! Sounds cool right?

Anyways, I have not done so many activities so I am going to be doing a lot of activities today.
Today’s 1st activity I am doing is the groove pizza, The groove pizza is basically a website where you can make a beat / make music on it in the shape of a circle ( Like the shape of a pizza ). You just move the beats to your liking and make some cool music. It sounds pretty awesome in my opinion. Once we finished our beat then we would watch a video on how to download it and then publish it, which is what I am doing right now, this task is pretty interesting to do and I really enjoyed doing it .

So now here is my audio

This was so fun to do! It got my brain working for the start of the day of SLJ activities, I look forward to doing even more SLJ activities. This website is so cool and I will definitely use this once in a while when i’m a bit bored. Thank you so much SLJ for making such a good and fun task.

REFLECTION : I think I did well, I loved making the beat and at the end it sounded nice, The video on how to use Groove pizza was a little bit confusing though at first, But I ended up getting it at the end. This was so fun , thanks for sharing this task with the cluster SLJ!

Thanks for checking out this awesome SLJ task
I look forward to see you in my next one!
Gonna go do more tasks now..
BYE!

5 thoughts on “SLJ : Groove Pizza Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Jolin,

Another blog post. You are on a roll. There are some awesome activities out and about. My personal favourite so far is Tangrams but I might be biased because I do love Tangrams.

I did like your song, it was toe tappingly good. If only the program allowed us to make a longer piece of music. It might be capable of that, maybe I just haven’t learnt how to do that yet.
    I created my own song called Summer Beats. Check it out and let me know what you think. https://apps.musedlab.org/groovepizza/?source=pub&museid=LuIpyyP71
    Is there anything you liked about it? What do you think I could do to improve on it?

Yet again thank you for the detailed description. You have also organized your ideas into paragraphs which is awesome to see. Remember to include a few questions at the end of your blog. Here is an example of a good question that will engage your readers. “Have you ever used Pizza Grove? If so, put the link to your song in the comments below.”

Keep up the hard mahi Jolin, I’m looking forward to seeing what other fun SLJ activities you are going to complete.

Tino pai Jolin,
    Anna

1. Hi Anna!
      Thank you so much for checking out this blog post . I would love to go hear your music, I will check it out soon! Summer beats is such a cool name, I really appreciate your comment and your advice for the questions I will for sure use that!

2. Just checked out your music, It was a very upbeat beat. It was so cool to listen to, I liked how you made the beat and it was so cool to see your beat pizza. I could feeling my toes tapping along to the beat! Great job
      Thanks for sharing this with me :))
      – Jolin

1. Kia ora Jolin,

Thank you for replying to my comment and looking at my music. The positive feedback really made me feel good about the song I created so thank you.

What is your favourite type of music Jolin? What get your foot tapping?

Anna
        SLJ

1. Kia ora Anna,
          My apologies for coming so late to reply, I have been quite busy with stuff outside my blog. I loved your song, you 100% should feel good and proud about the song you created. Thank YOU for your effort and work put into these comments, there are so many people to comment on! SLJ is awesome, In answer to your question my favourite music is either pop music or soft, flowy music with like different instruments.
          -Jolin