SLJ : Step it up Groove Pizza : Summer learning journey

Hi Bloggers!
Welcome to another Summer learning journey blog post, In case this is your first SLJ post you have seen, SLJ is basically a journey that you can do in the summer which have loads of activities for you to do, Each post and comment earns you a point. These points help you get prizes like headphones, Chromebooks, books , and so much more. This is a super interesting journey so I hope you enjoy looking at this journey and learning with me!

I have done the step it up Groove Pizza and I am going to share it with you.  SLJ’s step it up task for the groove pizza is to make an album cover for a song and then make a song which goes with that album cover. Summer learning journey provided us with a template we could use for the album cover. I used the template but I changed up the colours and made a name for the song and added some images on it. This task is pretty interesting to do and it gets your brain going. Glad that I did this task! I decided to name the song Jazzy Jam because I wanted the song to be jazz and I was looking for a word that starts with the letter j.

Anyways now that you know about the task here is my Groove Pizza Step it up audio

I tried to make it jazzy because the name of the song is Jazzy Jam.
Now here is the screenshot of my pizza

And here is my album cover

Hope you enjoyed it!
REFLECTION : I think I did well on the music and making the music but for the album cover next time I would try to add more detail to it because it looks a little bit plain in my opinion.

Thanks for learning with me!
See you in my next post
Byee!!

4 thoughts on “SLJ : Step it up Groove Pizza : Summer learning journey

1. Kia ora Jolin,

It is Charlotte here, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. I really enjoyed checking out your awesome song! How did you find this activity? Was there anything in particular you found challenging?

I would be interested to know what the inspiration behind your artist name ‘Jazzy Jolin’ and the song name you chose ‘Jazzy Jam’ was? Was it easy to think of the names or did you find that quite difficult?

Wow what an awesome post! I particularly like how you have included a reflection at the end. Reflecting is a great skill to have because it helps us to learn and grow. I am so impressed with this post I have marked it as an outstanding post – this means you will gain extra points from this task!

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

1. Hi Charlotte!
      Hope you have been having an amazing day , I found this activity exciting, I really enjoy playing music and I do some music outside of school so this activity was so fun! I found the app a bit challenging to use, I had to fiddle around a lot to make this music. I named this Jazzy Jam because I chose a Jazz beat and I decided my name would be Jazzy Jolin because I thought J,J sounded cool I guess.. Ahaha also because Jazz was my style of music :)). I really appreciate your comment, it means a lot.

Have an amazing summer!
      -Jolin

1. Kia ora Jolin,

Thank you, my day has been great! You play a musical instrument? That is awesome! What instrument do you play? I play the piano and when I was younger I played the saxophone.

Jazz is a pretty cool style of music, do you have a favourite song?

Ngā Mihi Nui
        Charlotte Visser
        Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Charlotte,
          I apologize for replying so late. Yes I play instruments, I play Violin and piano. I hope I can learn more soon. Jazz is a cool style of music, I take jazz dance classes! I get asked this question regularly it’s always so hard to choose so I always say I don’t have one haha! Thank you so much for your effort in commenting on so many different people. It made my days when I got comments from SLJ. They were always so positive, Thank you for your work.
          -Jolin