SLJ : Rebus Puzzles Step it up

Hi bloggers!
Woah we have done so many tasks so far, I hope I can catch up soon aha!
Anyways , I have done another task the task is called Rebus Puzzles. If you have seen my previous post you will see that I did the kick start but now I am going into the Step it up! This activity is really cool. For this activity it is to make some puzzles, When I say puzzles I mean like those emoji ones, They are quite interesting to do !
We can either create a Google slideshow or a Google doc. I chose to make a slideshow, this slideshow contains 4 different puzzles. Each one gets slightly harder each time, the first one uses words and the rest are emojis. I made my slideshow look the best I could so I hope you enjoy it, And the slideshow will not contain the answers except for the first puzzle.

But before I show you the slideshow, I will show you an example slideshow I made for you to be able to understand how to do it, You can use a pen and paper to work it out if you want. Or you can picture it in your mind. This slideshow includes how to do it step by step. And you can also try working out the puzzle inside of it as well!

I love how I made the puzzle area! I hope you find this slideshow helpful 🙂
If you don’t quite understand from the example that is perfectly fine too! I can help, you can leave comments asking for help if you need.
Now if you understand how to do it, I am so glad that it helped out a bit. You can take a look at these Rebus Puzzles and try your best to work them out, remember you might not always get it the first try but it is alright. Rock it!

Here are my Rebus puzzles
I really hope that you enjoyed them, I tried my best to make them work. I had to scratch a lot of puzzle ideas. But I love how it turned out.
Let’s get to our reflection

REFLECTION – I love how it turned out, I think this is one of the funnest activities to do after tangrams. Even though I had to decline some puzzle ideas of mine, I like how the puzzles I ended up with were. They were a bit tricky for some of the people I tested it out with. Also probably my favourite part of the design is the puzzle  pieces, I think they worked out well together and I am proud of how I made it. Though it is not perfect it is amazing in my opinion.  What do you think about these puzzles? Did you enjoy them? Have you ever made Rebus puzzles before?

Anyways…
Thank you so much for checking out this blog post
Have an amazing day
See you in my next blog post
Bye!! :))

2 thoughts on “SLJ : Rebus Puzzles Step it up

1. Bula Jolin,

I liked your Rebus Puzzle story so much I thought I’d check out your Step It Up Challenge. I love a code challenge like this. I’ll put my answers below and you let me know how I get on.

Learn
    Phone
    Oooo it’s getting harder.
    Homework (I had to use paper for that one)
    Dancer? (I’m not 100% sure of that one)

You mentioned your favourite part of your design was the puzzle pieces. Do you mean the puzzle piece border? If so, I love the border. How did you do it? If you did it one piece at a time, it would have taken you AGES.

I have labelled this post an outstanding blog for a number of different reasons. You write with an audience in mind which is great because people are looking at your blog and are always more excited about a quality and engaging blog post. You include lots of information including your own thoughts, information on the task, how you completed the task, examples and a reflection. Your Google Slides are embedded well and easy to follow and to add a cherry to the top of your blog cake, you have included questions at the end.

And in response to those questions… I think you’ve done a great job with your puzzles. A good mixture of levels there. I think the puzzles are fun. Imagine sending texts to your friends like that. It could be a good secret code for you and a friend. I have made a rebus puzzle before. I’ll make another one for you. See if you can crack it.

🏌️-lf
    2️⃣ – tw
    🐕 – og

🐺 – lf
    🦈-rk
    Anna
    SLJ

1. Kia ora Anna,
      Thank you so much for this comment, I am so glad that you checked out my step it up challenge. You did so well, you got all of the answers right! Yes you are right the puzzle border is one of my favourite parts. I found an image with 4 pieces of puzzles and placed them all to make a border. I really appreciate you marking this as an outstanding post. Sending texts to my friends like that would be so funny and fun. Me and my friends would laugh so hard .
      I am a bit confused about your puzzle, I figured out the word Good wosha? I will take a guess that it’s good work! Your puzzle is so good, Thanks for checking out my blog post 🙂
      Have the best summer ever
      -Jolin