SLJ : Under the sea Kickstart

Hi bloggers!
Hope you have been having an amazing day so far, I have just completed another task for the Summer learning journey! This task is called… Under the sea! When I first heard this name I wondered what this task was about, I imagined maybe to create a poster about different sea creatures but I was wrong. What the task for the kick start activity is actually about making a picture on google slides about what’s under the sea, we could choose which sea creatures we wanted. I chose the ones I would love to see underwater but wouldn’t swim with..

I chose to have 4 different underwater sea creatures. The 4 sea creatures are…

1. Dolphins
Did you know that dolphins shed their outer layer skin every 2 hours that means 12 times a day! I find dolphins majestic but a bit scary..? I have seen dolphins before like jumping in and out of the water but I have never been able to see like the face of the dolphin and see the full dolphin. In photos they look so amazing.

2. Sea horse
Have you ever wondered if a sea horse is fast or slow? Well a seahorse is the slowest fish species, Crazy right? You would expect them to be the fastest not the slowest! Their slowness is because of their tiny fin.  I like how seahorses can be so many colours, they look so pretty but some do look a bit…

3. Turtle
Fun fact, Turtles are one of the oldest in the reptile world passing snakes, crocodiles and alligators, it’s amazing how long they have been in this world. They have been around for around 230 million years!! That means they were there in the dinosaur age. I find turtles majestic as well, the way they move around I find it so cute. But I am scared they would bite me..

4. Jellyfish
Did you know that jellyfish have no brain,heart, bones or eyes? But what they do have is a mouth, this mouth can be found in the centre of the body. This is so cool for me because I did not know they have no heart, brain, bones or eyes. They are so cool looking but I definitely wouldn’t swim with them…

To conclude those long facts.. You can just say I wouldn’t swim with them, but I would take photos of them and like to get a full view of them!
Anyways here is my work.

I like how I used a real life background, I am pretty sure I saw this idea for the real life background on the saturday special when I was seeing the new tasks. I check everyday for the new tasks and I hope I can catch up..

REFLECTION : I think I did well, I like how I did the background and I think it all goes well together. I tried choosing a darker blue vibe so it was like you were really deep down. If you have any recommendations for me please let me know, it would help me so much.
Thank you for choosing this blog post.

Bye!!

2 thoughts on “SLJ : Under the sea Kickstart

1. Kia ora Jolin,

Another excellent blog post. You mentioned you got the idea of a real background off the Saturday posts. That’s so awesome to hear you have been looking around and taking inspiration from others.

Let’s talk dolphins shall we. CRAZY that dolphins shed their outer skin layer every two hours. I had no idea. Where does it go? Did you know Killer Whales are actually dolphins? The biggest and the smartest of all the dolphins. I have seen dolphins up close a few times now and they are always so amazing and seem so playful. They love to ride the waves beside a boat. It saves them energy I guess.

Let’s talk about seahorses now. Another fact I DID NOT KNOW! Where do you learn these crazy facts. Did you know that New Zealand has seahorses? They like warm water and are often found in the shallow, warm waters hiding amongst seaweed which is probably why I’ve never seen one. I will however be on the lookout from now on.

Turtles and Jellyfish are two creatures I have seen recently. I was swimming in Fiji recently and realised I was swimming amongst Jellyfish. Nothing bad happened, in fact they were bright colours and really awesome to look at. I also saw a Green turtle recently too. It was a bit further away but I was so stoked to see it. I heard some very wealthy people in the Islands eat Turtle soup as a sign of wealth. What do you think of that?

I love your underwater picture. I love the real turtle and the real background. It would have been cool if you stuck to the real theme and made the Jellyfish and dolphins real too. What do you think?

Anna
    SLJ

1. Kia ora Anna,
      Yes I did take inspiration from the amazing fellow bloggers on the saturday post! :)). I did know that killer whales are actual dolphins, but that fact still amazes me to this day. Glad I was able to share some facts you didn’t know about, And WOW I did not know that seahorses live in New zealand! I gathered these facts from websites that have facts about the animals because I like to add facts in my post once in a while. The fact that you have seen jellyfish and turtles is so cool!! I hope I see them one day. I am thrilled that you like the underwater picture. I will think about them being real. Thanks for the feedback 🙂
      Have an amazing summer
      -Jolin